Wacky Mashed Potatoes
This serving suggestion is fun any day of the year. Let the mashed potatoes cool long enough so they'll mound up in the cones just like ice cream.
Prep: 5 min. Cook: 8 min. Other: 5 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 2/3 cups frozen mashed potatoes
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flat-bottomed ice cream cones (optional)
1. Prepare potatoes with milk according to package directions, stirring with a wire whisk. Stir in cream cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to mound. To serve, spoon mashed potatoes into ice cream cones, if you'd like.
- 247 (55% from fat)
- 15.1g (sat 9.1g,mono 0.7g,poly 0.2g)
Southern Living Kids Cookbook, Oxmoor House, AUGUST 2008