Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Capri Jeans

FLOWERS AND FRILLS

How many other mother's go crazy spending money over and over again on pants that end up looking like this?
002-24 
I'm so tired of it.  You can't donate them, and yet you feel guilty for throwing them out.  Today I decided to add a little something to these and turn them into new summer pants for Marisol. 
So I chopped off the torn bottoms.
003-22 
Cut up some sweet flower fabric (that I picked up on clearance this week atBeverly's for $2 a yard).  I stitched up the sides and attached it to the bottom.
004-22 
Then I hand-stitched a pretty lace trim (I really need an industrial strength sewing machine). And viola!
016-11 
Such a simple way to bring new life to old jeans, and perfect for the weather we are currently experiencing.  More importantly, there is a very happy little girl who loves them.
011-14
This post linked to: