Monday, April 4, 2011

Cork Screw Bows

Korker Bows

Whenever I have korker bows in Maceys’ hair people always ask if I made them.  And then when I say I did they have this shocked look on their face.  It’s not hard people.  So I’m going to share with you all how to make korker bows.  
First you wrap grosgrain ribbon around wood dowels.  If you have wide ribbon you want a wider dowel, smaller ribbon a smaller width dowel.  Then your going to clamp the ends with a clothespin. Put it in the oven at 275 degrees for 25 minutes.  If I’m just doing one bow it usually fits in the toaster oven.  
Then you take your hair clippy and use hot glue to line it with ribbon.  I get mine at Sally Beauty Supply. 
Then when your ribbon is done baking you line up the ribbon and cut it down to size.  I did mine at about 2.25 inches.
Line up your little bundles of ribbon with elastic underneath and then tie the elastic tight around the ribbon.
Then you hot glue your little corker ribbon bundles onto your hair clippies. Touch up the ends with Fray Check so they don’t fray out on you (duh, I know).  And there you have some cute piggy tail bows!