Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meringue Bunny Cookies

Meringue Bunny Cookies

My little sister Christianne@Little Page Turners made some homemade marshmallow bunny peeps following a recipe and directions from Martha Stewart. They were so cute that I was inspired to make something similar substituting meringue for the marshmallow.  I used this recipe from Joy of Baking for the meringues and used my sister's directions for piping, and they turned out perfectly!
For the nose, I used a pink nonpareil and using the tip of a toothpick dotted on black eyes with some cake icing.
Aren't they just adorable?

Love. Them.
I have a bunch of these sweet egg dishes that are the perfect size for chocolate mousse, and I thought the bunny would be a perfect garnish for my dessert.  (By the way, using a baby spoon forces me to take smaller bites and make my dessert last longer.  Otherwise, I'll snarf it down.  Oh, yes I would!)
Delish!
My sis suggested making the bunnies as an Easter cupcake garnish which I have to agree would be over-the-top cute.  If you make these lovelies, link to me and let me see! Hope you're having a great weekend!